- Choose a stop
- 1 Towards more Food Land
- 2 The return of the Boerkozen
- 3 Agriculture tailored to the landscape
- 4 The great transformation of the landscape
- 5 Public land for public concerns
- 6 Food-Oriented Development
- 7 Seeds of change
We need more Foodland. But how do you achieve that in a highly urbanised landscape where so much already needs to be done within the same space? Housing, recreation, nature, climate, agriculture: can we still reconcile all these seemingly irreconcilable demands on space?
In the 1960s, Erasmus Hospital was the first major development in Neerpede-Vogelenzang. Using the slogan ‘Neerpede Blijft!’ (Save Neerpede!), the neighbourhood protest succeeded in halting the further urbanisation of the area.